You have only seven seconds after you meet them for the first time to make an impression. Hence make the most of it with the tips given below.
- Take care of your appearance: Pay extra attention to what you wear when you meet someone for the first time. Your clothes are your jewelry must be appropriate and suitable for the occasion whether it is a party or an office meeting. How is your makeup if you’re a lady? Ensure it is not overpowering. Also, ensure your hair is perfect if you are in doubt consult a stylist.
- Have the right attitude: Within the first few seconds people will analyze everything right from your walk to smile to the way you interact. Hence, make sure you have the right attitude and wear a smile because that is more welcoming and a sign of openness. Have a firm handshake and make eye contact.
- Do not answer your cell phone: It is bad manners to keep looking at your cell phone and responding to text messages even as someone is talking to you. Be more respectful to their ideas and in case it is unavoidable excuse yourself politely and move away and speak in gentle tones.
- Be positive: Always make sure that the conversation is positive. Keep your cool no matter how boring or brash the other person is. A calm mind confers a sense of calm on all those around you.
- Be attentive: Listen to the other person when he speaks. You can lean gently towards them to show greater interest and to communicate that you are interested and are listening.
- Remember your manners: Don’t forget the “Please” and the “Thank You” they go a long way in cementing a relationship. Even if you have to use the services of say, Waste Management Gaylord your manners will stand in good stead.
- Be yourself: Be natural and yourself. You do not have to assume a different personality because eventually the real you will surface.