You can grow your own medicine at home. This is easier if you have space for the garden. Even if you do not have a garden, no worries. A corner in your balcony where there is little sunlight would do. You can grow the medicinal plants in small pots. Read on to know how to grow the medicinal plants at home:
- Mint: Mint is the topmost medicinal plant which can be grown easily. Just plant the twigs in soil and sprinkle water daily. You can see tender leaves coming from the stem in a few days. They need good sunlight. These plants are to be watered daily. You can pluck them fresh and use in tea. Mint aids digestion and gives immunity.
- 2. Basil: Basil offers wonderful relief for a cough and cold. They grow from seeds. There are various types of basil plants. They do not require much sunlight. You can water them daily.
- Turmeric: Turmeric bulbs can be planted along with Basil and can be grown easily. These do not need much care. Turmeric is a natural antiseptic. The leaves are ornamental. There are certain herbs which cannot be grown in dry weather. You can buy them at Wekratom.
- Ginger: You can grow ginger along with turmeric. They look alike.
- 5. Garlic and Shallots: Garlic and shallots have excellent medicinal value. The bulbs should be planted in loose soil. Take care that you do not water them excessively. These will decay if too much watering is done.
- Hibiscus: The flower and plants serve as excellent boosters for the skin. These are natural conditioners which can be used as a pack for your hair. You have to spray insecticides regularly to protect the plant from ants and insects.
- Rosemary: This weed type plant grows abundantly. Even watering them daily is not required. These plants grow from cuttings. The best time to plant them is late spring.